- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright or Other Intellectual Property Infringements
Kawotek Academy respects the intellectual property of others and takes the protection of copyrights and all other intellectual property very seriously, and we ask our instructors, tutors, students and other users of our website and services (the “Site”) to do the same. Infringing activity will not be tolerated on or through the Site.
Kawotek Academy’s intellectual property policy is to (a) take down any material or content that Kawotek Academy believes in good faith, upon receipt of complaints from an owner or agent of the intellectual property, is infringing the intellectual property of a third party by being made available through the Site, (b) take down any Submitted Content posted to the Site by “repeat infringer.” Kawotek Academy considers a “repeat infringer” to be any User that has uploaded Submitted Content to the Site and for whom Kawotek Academy has received more than two takedown notices complaint in accordance with Copyright Law operating in Nigeria, and (c) Kawotek Aademy has the discretionary right to terminate the account of any perpetual User with repeated infringement reports, or to upon Kawotek’s Academy own determination.
- Procedure for Reporting Claimed Infringement
If you are a content or material owner of any intellectual property and you believe that any content made available on or through the Site has been used or exploited in a manner that infringes an intellectual property right you own or control, then please promptly send a “Notification of Intellectual Infringement” containing the following information to the Designated Agent identified below. Your communication must include substantially the following;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the work(s) that has/have been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials being infringed, or, if multiple works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the specific material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Kawotek Academy to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Kawotek Academy to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted;
- A statement that you have a good faith, that the use of the material in the manner complained of, is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
You should consult with your own lawyer and confirm your obligations to provide a valid notice of claimed infringement.
- Designated Agent Contact Information
Kawotek Academy’s Designated Agent for notices of claimed infringement can be contacted at:
- Via E-mail: email@example.com
- Counter Notification
If you receive a notification from Kawotek Academy that, material made available by you on or through the Site has been the subject of a Notification of Claimed Infringement, then you will have the right to provide Kawotek Academy with what is called a “Counter Notification.” To be effective, a Counter Notification must be in writing, provided to the Company’s Designated Agent through the methods identified above, and include substantially the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber (the Counter Notification Provider);
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
- The subscriber’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of any judicial district in which Company may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification above or an agent of such person.
A party submitting a Counter Notification should consult a lawyer to confirm the party’s obligations to provide a valid counter notification under the Copyright Act.
- False Notifications of Claimed Infringement or Counter Notifications
The Copyright Act provides that:
Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents (1) that material or activity is infringing, or (2) that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification, shall be liable for any damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, incurred by the alleged infringer, by any copyright owner or copyright owner’s authorized licensee, or by a service provider, who is injured by such misrepresentation, as the result of [Kawotek Academy] relying upon such misrepresentation in removing or disabling access to the material or activity claimed to be infringing, or in replacing the removed material or ceasing to disable access to it.
Kawotek Academy reserves the right to seek damages from any party that submits a notification of claimed infringement or counter notification in violation of the law.
For the avoidance of doubt, only notices submitted under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the procedures set forth in this section should be sent to the Designated Agent through firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other comments, compliments, complaints or suggestions about Kawotek Academy, the operation of the Site or any other matter should be sent to email@example.com